Let Us Walk Together Blog by Bishop Chris Coyne, Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis
I had my first experience of an Indiana county fair on Thursday night, June 24. I tweeted and photographed the whole time I was there. Here are the tweets as they happened. Please note this is all intended in fun. I loved the fair and I love being in Indiana.
6:31 PM Jennings County Fair here I come! Late getting here. Fr. Meyer of St Josephs is driving.
6:35 PM Shoot. No tractor pull. Track too muddy. Tractors getting stuck.
6:37 PM Record attendance last night. Missed the baby contest. I guess every kid under one years old gets entered and judged as cute or not cute.
6:40 PM There is also a little miss and mr Jennings County. The little girl who won is Catholic. Wants to meet the bishop.
6:42 PM Free admission. Woohoo!
6:44 PM "Good evening. How's the corn doing?"
6:47 PM Checking out the 4H projects. There's one for Lego construction. Cool.
6:51 PM Where's the goats?
6:52 PM I was just told that Ashley's calf has just won reserve grand champion.
Whatever that means.
6:59 PM I still haven't eat'n anything fried yet.
7:05 PM People are chasing goats in the ring. I'm not sure why.
7:06 PM Oh. They're getting ready to show them. I've been told all the goats are Catholic.
Whatever that means.7:09 PM Goats
7:10 PM Sorry. Catholic goats.
Whatever that means.
7:14 PM Boy they certainly do have some interesting categories around here.
7:15 PM "Hey how's your corn doin'?"
7:16 PM Pigs. Cool.
7:18 PM Fr. Meyer has been asked to "show a pig". Whatever that means.
7:19 PM Show a pig what?
7:20 PM Ms. Jennings County Fair and moi.
Go here for more of Bishop Coyne's tweets from the fair...
Let Us Walk Together Blog by Bishop Chris Coyne, Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis
I had my first experience of an Indiana county fair on Thursday night, June 24. I tweeted and photographed the whole time I was there. Here are the tweets as they happened. Please note this is all intended in fun. I loved the fair and I love being in Indiana.
6:31 PM Jennings County Fair here I come! Late getting here. Fr. Meyer of St Josephs is driving.
6:35 PM Shoot. No tractor pull. Track too muddy. Tractors getting stuck.
6:37 PM Record attendance last night. Missed the baby contest. I guess every kid under one years old gets entered and judged as cute or not cute.
6:40 PM There is also a little miss and mr Jennings County. The little girl who won is Catholic. Wants to meet the bishop.
6:42 PM Free admission. Woohoo!
6:44 PM "Good evening. How's the corn doing?"
6:47 PM Checking out the 4H projects. There's one for Lego construction. Cool.
6:51 PM Where's the goats?
6:52 PM I was just told that Ashley's calf has just won reserve grand champion.
Whatever that means.
6:59 PM I still haven't eat'n anything fried yet.
7:05 PM People are chasing goats in the ring. I'm not sure why.
7:06 PM Oh. They're getting ready to show them. I've been told all the goats are Catholic.
Whatever that means.
I had my first experience of an Indiana county fair on Thursday night, June 24. I tweeted and photographed the whole time I was there. Here are the tweets as they happened. Please note this is all intended in fun. I loved the fair and I love being in Indiana.
6:31 PM Jennings County Fair here I come! Late getting here. Fr. Meyer of St Josephs is driving.
6:35 PM Shoot. No tractor pull. Track too muddy. Tractors getting stuck.
6:37 PM Record attendance last night. Missed the baby contest. I guess every kid under one years old gets entered and judged as cute or not cute.
6:40 PM There is also a little miss and mr Jennings County. The little girl who won is Catholic. Wants to meet the bishop.
6:42 PM Free admission. Woohoo!
6:44 PM "Good evening. How's the corn doing?"
6:47 PM Checking out the 4H projects. There's one for Lego construction. Cool.
6:51 PM Where's the goats?
6:52 PM I was just told that Ashley's calf has just won reserve grand champion.
Whatever that means.
6:59 PM I still haven't eat'n anything fried yet.
7:05 PM People are chasing goats in the ring. I'm not sure why.
Whatever that means.
7:09 PM Goats
7:10 PM Sorry. Catholic goats.
Whatever that means.
7:14 PM Boy they certainly do have some interesting categories around here.
7:15 PM "Hey how's your corn doin'?"
7:16 PM Pigs. Cool.
7:18 PM Fr. Meyer has been asked to "show a pig". Whatever that means.
7:19 PM Show a pig what?
7:20 PM Ms. Jennings County Fair and moi.
Go here for more of Bishop Coyne's tweets from the fair...
Whatever that means.
7:14 PM Boy they certainly do have some interesting categories around here.
7:16 PM Pigs. Cool.
7:18 PM Fr. Meyer has been asked to "show a pig". Whatever that means.
7:19 PM Show a pig what?
7:20 PM Ms. Jennings County Fair and moi.




No comments:
Post a Comment