Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Thinking about leaving to find yourself?...try confession

By Simcha Fisher

For some reason, divorce stories fascinate me. Maybe I’m hoping to reassure myself that, as I read, I won’t recognize anything at all about my own marriage. (I’m not actually afraid that my husband would ever leave me. Over the years we’ve worked out an understanding: whoever leaves gets custody of the 15-passenger van. That keeps us both pretty close to home.)

Anyway, this author, writing for the Huffington Post, stands out for her astonishing lack of self awareness. Jennifer Nagy considers herself an unusual and fascinating specimen: newly divorced, she wonders why there is not more help out there for people who aren’t victims of divorce, but perpetrators. Why doesn’t she get more sympathy, she wonders, just because she’s the one who decided to leave?

Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment