Friday, March 9, 2012

What Catholic bloggers are saying...

What is serenity and how can I grow in it?
Msgr. Charles Pope
In Lent, a gift to seek is greater serenity. The word comes from the Latin serenus, meaning clear or unclouded (skies). By extension it thus means calm, without storm. Serenity has become more used in modern times with the advent of many 12-Step programs which use the serenity prayer as an important help to their work.


This is not what I signed up for...
Patrick Archbold
I’m tired. Are you? We believers, Catholics, Protestant, Jewish and the rest, we are beleaguered. I don’t know about you, I am tired. I am tired of having to defend basic morality as if I am some fringe element. This is not
what I signed up for. I am tired of having to make the case...


A reflection on the upcoming Sunday Mass readings...

Scott Hahn

Jesus does not come to destroy the temple, but to fulfill it (see Matthew 5:17) - to reveal its true purpose in God’s saving plan. He is the Lord the prophets said would come - to purify the temple, banish the merchants, and make it a house of prayer for all peoples (see Zechariah 14:21; Malachi 3:1-5; Isaiah 56:7).


Fargo's Bishop Aquila personally commended by Pope for reordering sacraments...








No comments:

Post a Comment